Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Public Blessing

This evening as I reflected on blessing, I realized I've been better at receiving than at giving. This is particularly true of my relationship with my wife. She's regularly praises me and builds me up, and I too often take her for granted and neglect to accurately express my appreciation for her. So tonight, I wanted to briefly share who she is to me and how I think God sees her.

Jenny,


You are God’s gift to me. You have and are what I lack. Your smile calms the uneasy waters shifting within me. Your blind faith challenges me. You have the ability to shrink the social gaps between groups of people and make everyone feel important, worthy, and loved. You have been created unique, for a unique purpose and will be the spark to inspire many to leave the comfort of normal and jump into the divine chaos of love. Your journey is just beginning. And I look forward to witnessing all that will be done through you.


P.S. I just coughed up some flem.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. And from my perspective, I couldn't agree with this line more "You have the ability to shrink the social gaps between groups of people and make everyone feel important, worthy, and loved".

    ReplyDelete