Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dreaming of Dreams


I find myself dreaming again for the first time in over a year. Ironically enough, I’m dreaming so much that I find it hard to fall asleep at night. Most often we associate dreaming with sleep. So for clarity I will just refer to it as meditating on aspirations.It’s kind of a bad place to be in when we stop aspiring; when we settle for mediocrity. When we stop dreaming, I think it’s evidence that we lack hope. And an absence of hope is never good. 2008 possessed only a small reserve of hope for me. I wasn’t extremely depressed. I wasn’t even terribly unhappy. I was just dissatisfied without the energy or inspiration to hope. Now I am beginning to be reintroduced to my previously dreamful ambitious self. I like that version of me. And I think my wife definitely prefers that version of me; except when I keep her too from sleeping due to sharing my dreams.So here’s to a dream filled 2009. Right now I believe just about anything is possible… outside of winning the Gold in 2012 for Singles Figure Skating.

1 comment:

  1. how would you possibly win the gold for 2012 in 2009? That's just silly...
    I do think you have a shot in 12 though

    ReplyDelete